- Kayleigh Bowes (one of our youth leaders) was awarded The Loran Scholars Foundation 2022- $100,000. She was accepted into the Nursing program at Queens University, where she will also play on the Rugby Team!
- In 2022 our Executive Director, Jessie Jollymore, was awarded Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal in recognition of significant service to the province.
- Ernst and Young Special Citation Social Entrepreneur Of The Year Atlantic Canada – 2016
- Governor General Meritorious Service Medal – 2016
- Lieutenant Governor’s Architecture Award for Outstanding Design in Greenhouse – 2016 (research and development for design and of the grid materials conducted by Hope Blooms youth Kolade Boboye and Bocar Wade)
- The Coast – Gold Winner Best Community Initiative – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Oxfam Canada’s Female Food Hero – 2015
- CBC’s Dragons Den Top Pitches of all Time -2016 (youth who pitched were 10 years to 14 years of age)
- Mamadou Wade (our oldest youth) was awarded a TD Community Leadership Scholarship 2016- $70,000. He got his bachelor in Commerce at the University of Toronto.
- Family SOS Courage to Give Back – 2014
- Nova Scotia Department of Economic and Rural Development’s NS Award for Excellence in Community Development in Social Entrepreneurship Development
- CTV’s Maritimer of the Week Award for community contribution
- Black Business Award for Community Heroes
- AWESOME Foundation Halifax –June 2012
CBC News, New Hope Blooms partnership makes for endless PossibiliTEAS, April 29, 2022
Global News, “Halifax youth raising money for music studio for North End community” February 15, 2022
Atlantic Books Today Fall 2018 Cover Story, “Youth Power: How Young People are Creating a New World” pp 13 – 15
Global News, “Halifax’s Hope Blooms looking to expand after reaching capacity” July 19, 2018
Global News, “Halifax kids raise money via door-to-door lemonade sales for basketball court” July 18, 2018
CBC News, “Hope Blooms teen gets accepted to Stanford University” June 28, 2017
Canadian Living magazine “Planting Seeds of Hope”
Cover story in Local Connections Halifax magazine
Feature segments on Global, CBC, and CTV, as well as all local newspapers